// this to hide post title Devolution: True Confessions: I Meant to Say That

Friday, June 22, 2018

True Confessions: I Meant to Say That


Sure I knew my numbers guys cooked the books to pump up our stock so we could get more bonuses
We were aware that we were sucking out everyone’s precious underground water for free, to waste
No, I’m not sorry I called you an overpaid, incompetent, quota-filling, untouchable under-performer
Well, we did realize that every untested chemical we put in our products could not be as safe as milk

I was indeed quite aware that on various occasions I had misstated facts and misrepresented myself
As they signed the contract I breathed a sigh of relief over the pertinent omissions in my sales talk
Even before we ratified that treaty we had already laid our plans to dishonestly circumvent its intent
Actually, our post-police shooting riot was more about free liquor & electronics than racial injustice

We really did just say anything we were told, without any qualms, if it just helped us win an election
I honestly stated that I was very eager to clear my name, but that I had No comment on the matter
You know that time I cursed you out? I still mean every single foul phrase - Exactly as I spoke then
Yes, I’m certain that Political Correctness is mere cover for the passive-aggressive, lazy & entitled

Sure I guiltlessly played the system I condemned for all it was worth and never even tried to repair it
I did question holding the door for equally-paid female co-workers leaving early again - For their kids
Yes, we admit that we are not scientists but we also declare their research inconclusive & inaccurate
I did not misspeak at all when I eloquently and emotionally defended my previous prevarications

It was not a setup when they caught me living large off the donations from my tearful non-profit
It absolutely was not merely a shameful & one-time only moral lapse to sell my influence to lobbyists
Nobody hacked my account to contain pictures of myself with those naked young altar boys
When they caught me doing drugs with prostitutes it wasn’t the first time and…I really loved it!

You bet I really mean it every time I laugh and say we should bomb the shit out of those damn ayrabs
We sure as hell should abolish the EPA and give over all federal lands to developers, drillers & ATVs
It was no oversight that BigAg destroyed the topsoil, polluted the waters & poisoned the songbirds
Yes, we fought removing brain-damaging mercury from coal plant emissions - To keep our profits up

Certainly we scorned as ignorant imbeciles, all those losers who bought our giant overpriced pickups
I knew my client was guilty of all charges but I still got him off on an inane technicality, for a fat fee
No, I mean it: You are slow, ignorant & nasty & totally deserving of your healthcare bankruptcy
We do actually believe that the best solution to gun violence is for everyone to be armed 24x7x365

I’ll even say it again, immigrants absolutely must learn English or provide their own damn translators
Let me repeat: the unintelligent & uneducated who bristle with canned attitudes are useless losers
I really do believe we are an exceptionist people, solely entitled to the phrase ‘God Bless America!
We actually do push an inane lie that free market healthcare would compete for the old, sick & poor

Be advised: We are righteous about spying upon all of your private activities in absolute secrecy
You can be sure I did not mean a word of the apology I was forced to make for political correctness
We really do want a border wall & to deport the illegales even as we open our arms to all Latinos
Yes, we meant to call you Moochers while we demanded your vote to save you from the Libtards

No comments:

Post a Comment