// this to hide post title Devolution: Alternatively-Gifted, Like Me

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Alternatively-Gifted, Like Me


I’m one of the multi-generational, alternatively-gifted kids without any type of a HeadStart program
None of my school teachers expected anything of me but they still always bumped me right on thru
I was denied any opportunity to take the fancy AP classes so I socialized away my time in high school
The army shunted me straight into the Infantry without any possibility for Officer Candidate School

It’s just not fair that their fancy STEMI education programs blatantly exclude the regular kids like me
Til now, we never even dreamed of demanding our rights to a fair share of the knowledge-based jobs
Politicos have always stoked our hopes & fears while letting us be outsourced as disposable moochers
Advertisers have conned us for generations with cleverly-misleading lines & whatever 25% off means

Slower to suckup & shoulderclimb that corpro-ladder, at last we call for our own Affirmative Action
No more being taken advantage of just because we don’t talk as fast or as convincingly as our leaders
We’ve been slaves, grunts & laborers since time immemorial but now - We demand boardroom seats
It’s very prejudiced that so many more of us go to jail simply because our crimes are easier to solve

My teachers nudged me off the route to college but offered me no alternative path to the good life
They keep us in line with pro sports, loud pickups, cheap beer and 8 grocery store snack food aisles
But we didnt get those bonuses, free health, dental & vision coverage at our low-skill, dead-end jobs
They did fill us with a violent patriotism & dead certainty that we should dump our trash in the creek

Look, just because I’m not a good reader doesn’t mean I don’t deserve to be in that big corner office
There’s only 0.1% of high-powered CEOS with IQs in the range I’m advocating for…and it’s just wrong!
I mean, we represent well over half the population but have less than 12% of the nation’s wealth
Put me in a $thousand suit & I could be going to all like them big meetings & power lunches, too

But, Nao, they’re just holding us down because of different type connections between our brain cells
It just isn’t right & it must stop – I mean the disabled have the ADA, so where’s our promotion quota?
We’ll be petitioning for our own national holiday or at least something similar to black history month
& leaders must stop allowing the alternatively-gifted to also remain ignorant just to control us easier

They absolutely must replace the 20 pages of tiny legalese with little pictures, like on our cellphones
We might yet realize there’s more to human potential than pickups, snowmachines, ATVs and jetskis
The deck has always been stacked against us in this evil Social Darwinism that pervades all societies
Look, we demand reparations for our historic & ongoing enslavement at the hands of those in power

Listen, this intelligence bias is dealt blindly to all races, genders, sexual orientations and age groups
Yes, and what of all the People of size who must fight Unintelligence Intolerance at the same time?
And the billions of the Appearance-Impaired who also struggle against prejudical intelligence norms?
We’re not even going into the blatant IQ bias & crude sexism in that host of dumb-blonde jokes

So why is it then, that our smoking, drinking & obesity rates are so high? Discrimination, that’s why!
The only ones of us allowed economic equality are those with that smiling fanatical salesman’s greed
It’s all part of the embedded unintelligentism permeating our narrow-minded societal pecking order
This world must be simplified in our image so we can finally begin to have our fair share of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment